Source: Pinch My Salt
Herbed Cheese Biscuits
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. mustard powder
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs or 1 t. dried*
4 Tbsp. butter
1 cup shredded cheese (whatever kind you prefer)
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, mustard powder and herbs.
3. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and the pieces of butter are the size of peas. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together sour cream and milk. Add sour cream mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until just combined.
5. Turn dough out onto a well-floured counter and knead a few times with floured hands. Pat dough out with your hands to about one-inch thickness. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or cut into desired shapes with a knife.
6. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
*You may use any combination of herbs you want. I like to use 1/2 T. fresh chives along with some dried herbs like 1/2 t. basil and 1/2 t. marjoram. The amounts listed are just guidelines. Experiment and have fun!