Source: Cooking Ninja
Crispy & Light Waffles
1 1/3 cups plain flour
4 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or flavour of your choice
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup (113 g) butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix well together all dry ingredients.
2. Separate the yolks and whites. In a separate bowl, whisk whites until stiff; set aside.
3. Beat the yolks a little bit with a fork before adding to the dry ingredient mixture.
4. Pour in a bit of milk at the time into the flour mixture and stir to avoid lumps. Add in the rest of the milk & cooled melted butter while continuing to stir the mixture until everything blends and no lumps.
5. Gently fold in stiff egg whites into mixture.
6. Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.
Note: They are perfect, soft if you cook them a short time, crispy if you wait a little bit longer. Heavenly with Nutella spread...just can't stop eating these waffles. Be warned, they are so good that you might over eat and ruin your appetite for lunch!