Source: Fake Ginger
Sugar Doughnut Muffins
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar, for rolling
1 tsp cinnamon, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine.
5. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
6. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
9. When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar.
10. Cool on a wire rack.