Source: My Baking Addiction
Coconut, Pecan, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Recipezaar
2 cups all-purpose flour (280 gms)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (20 gms)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm (170 gms)
1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark, 236 gms)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk, from a large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate or any combination, 300 gms)
1 cup of chopped pecans
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Place oven racks in the upper and lower 1/3’s of the oven.
2. Pre-heat oven to 325°F. (I baked these at 350°F)
3. Cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
4. Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl or bag and set aside.
5. Mix butter and sugars with with a mixer until blended and smooth, add egg, yolk & vanilla; mix until incorporated.
6. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in chips, pecans and coconut.
8. Divide into 18 equal balls, a 2″ cookie scoop works just about perfectly, about 60 gms each (2.1 ounces). (After rolling the balls, I flattened them slightly with the palm of my hand)
9. EVENLY space 9 on each cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating front to back and top to bottom after 8 minutes. (Mine baked for 14 minutes)
11. Cool on sheets to maintain chewy texture.