Source: One Vanilla Bean
Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cups lemon curd (below)
1 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup graham cracker crust crumbles (below)
1. Whisk the milk, heavy cream, and lemon curd until combined. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Fold in the marshmallows and graham crumbles before placing the already churned mixture in a container. Freeze 4 hours or overnight before serving.
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup lemon juice
grated zest of 2 lemons
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
10 tablespoons butter, cut in one inch pieces
1. In a saucepan, combine egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar. Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring with a spatula until mixture thickens and reaches 160 degrees F.
2. Remove from heat and add butter piece by piece, stirring to incorporate the butter into the mixture.
3. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a container, press plastic wrap right on the curd to prevent the formation of a skin. Refrigerate until chilled. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Graham Cracker Crust Crumbles
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Mix all ingredients together. Press into a buttered baking dish.
2. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
3. Chill until cooled. Crumble.