Crispy, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

Print
Source: taste buds


Crispy, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter; room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs; room temp
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients; set aside. Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy, 2-3 min. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees on greased or lined cookie sheets 10-12 min.

I actually froze little cookie dough balls on baking sheets, then just tossed them in a Ziploc bag to keep in the freezer. You never know when you might need a treat for an unexpected visitor, a hostess gift, a quick after school snack, etc.
Oh, who am I kidding?? I just like taking a ball of dough out of the freezer and popping it in my mouth. Did I mention how DIVINE the dough is?