Source: Jamie Cooks It Up!
Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Buttery, Rich, Super Soft.
Yield: 72 cookies
Recipe from Jill Eskelson
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
5 cups flour
2 bags Chocolate Chips
1. Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together for about 3 minutes. You want the mixture to be well incorporated.
2. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
5. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Do not over bake. You'll want to take the cookies out of the oven when they start to crack, then let them stay on the hot cookie sheet to continue cooking for about 5 minutes. (I have a convection oven and bake them at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes.)