Source: Chocolate & Carrots
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
adapted from Notecook
2/3 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup Smart Balance creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
4 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
3 tablespoons Smart Balance creamy peanut butter (icing)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (icing)
1. Put Rice Krispies in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Grease a 9X9 inch pan.
3. Bring sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar to a boil over medium/high heat, stirring constantly.
4. After the ingredients are blended together smoothly and starting to boil, pour over the Rice Krispies and stir together.
5. Spread the mixture evenly in the greased pan and let cool in the refrigerator.
6. To prepare the icing, over low heat, stir the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth.
7. Pour the icing over the treats, spread evenly, and put it back in the fridge.
8. Cut into squares after the icing has had time to set.
9. Enjoy and share with your neighbors!